The first six months in my business have kicked ass. Seriously.
It's no secret that I am deeply passionate about my work. I've been fortunate to be able to re-connect with my passions on projects with incredible collaborators and clients. And the fall is off to flying start with all kinds of opportunities unfolding.
Way back in the day, in an earlier version of the Flackadelic blog, I had some fun with posts in the Friday Phive format. Today I've decided to resurrect it with a few tweaks for 2012. Ready? Here we go.
From Mobile Mail comes this practical guide to social media and the customer experience. It is so simple; so profound. (And so difficult to scale.)
Tips for Success
- Make your brand personal – humanize your brand by keeping it friendly, passionate as share your experiences.
- Treat people well – Always make your fans feel respected, special and appreciated by giving them personal treatment, use their name and answer them directly.
- Keep it simple – always make it easy for fans to respond to your posts, and let them know exactly what it is you would like them to do next and then thank them for their actions, comments etc.
via: Productive Gossip, via @businesstalk
2. Storify and the Presidential Debate: a lesson in social object theory
I'm a fan of social object theory. It is a cornerstone of content marketing methodologies. Storify's list of its most shared items about the debate highlight the truly remarkable social object/content asset — note quality, variety of formats; and of course another example of the power of Twitter as a real-time medium.
3. A year ago this week: The Wirecutter Launches
New - The Wirecutter | A List of the Best Gadgets thewirecutter.com <-- so simple, so awesome.— Leona Hobbs (@flackadelic) October 3, 2011
4. Beck's Beautiful Blues: 10 Years of 'Sea Change' via Spin
This is one of those albums that holds autobiographical significance for me. It stands up to a re-listen.
5. iPhone 5 Waiting Game
I'm trying to be patient as I wait for my iPhone 5 to arrive. I've been using a 3Gs for many years. Our provider tells me that I'm #1467 on the waiting list.
photo via keep dreaming
That's it for the Phive this week. Happy Thanksgiving Canada.